Who We Are
The Mississippi Food Justice Collaborative is a partnership of organizations working together to improve health outcomes for vulnerable children and their families in Mississippi and catalyze systemic change in our food system through collaboration on multiple levels.
Our goal is to improve the health of our communities by:
- improving access to healthy, local, and culturally-appropriate foods,
- increasing the amount of local food in schools and institutions,
- educating children and adults on how to grow, cook, and eat healthy food
- building the capacity of local food producers to grow and market their products, and
- fostering networks of accountable and ethical food systems leaders that are committed to people and place